Friday, 11 November 2011

Sharing Web Resources

Last week I decided to explore the Zero to Three website (www.zerotothree.org) and subscribe to their e-newsletter.  I love that Zero to Three is a non-profit organization aimed at providing information, support, and training for professionals and parents with a focus on infant and toddlers.    I did subscribe to the e-newsletter but have not received anything as of yet.  Zero to Three invites early childhood professionals and parents to join their webinars offered through the National Training Institute.  I note the focus on policies and programs to support positive early learning experiences for children.  I like that the forums provide an opportunity to discuss "developmentally appropriate approaches to serving infants and toddlers,"  for example (Zerotothree).    I like the "children deserve the best start" focus.  I think the Zero to Three website/organization is an excellent forum for "questions of excellence and equity in care and education" through their commitment to building services that "allow children families with infants and toddlers to thrive" (Zero to Three).   
I did download a copy of the Journal offered through Zero To Three (free sample) and look forward to reading the articles offered.  I am glad that I decided to add the Zero to Three website to my list of resources.

5 comments:

  1. I also looked at this site. Since I will be working with the zero to three population, I think it is great. It has great ideas for health, education, and an awesome brain map area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed learning more about Zero to Three through your post. Everything you talked about seemed very interesting and informative! I can not wait to learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of this site because I teach 2-3 year old children. I love the information pages that you can print to give to parents. It helps to have research-based information to support what I am trying to do with my little ones. I would recommend this site to anyone who works with young children or who has young children of their own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree that children deserve the best start, but if I look around me it sadens me that so few children really get the start in life they deserve and how parents just continue having children even when they don't have the means to look after them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading information on this site as well. It's alot to take in considering policy and practices are different in each state. It's sad that some young children dont get the proper care the need. We need more programs like this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete