"To be familiar with the knowledge base of early childhood care and education and to stay informed through continuing education and training" (NAEYC, 2005. Code of Ethical Conduct). Keeping knowledgeable and abreast of new information and ideas is very important. Keeping current can be achieved through attending workshops, conferences, taking courses, as well as reading anything to do with early childhood. I love to read articles and books on early childhood to keep current. It is important for me to try to stay current so that I can appear knowledgeable in the classroom of the 19+ crowd.

“We shall demonstrate our respect and concern for children, families, colleagues, and others with whom we work, honoring their beliefs, values, customs, languages, and culture” (DEC, 2009. Code of Ethics). Through our words, body language, facial expressions, and actions, we can demonstrate respect for everyone we come in contact with. In working with the 19+ crowd, I need to ensure that I show support and respect for each person. I try to get to know individuals by chatting to them to learn more about them.
“To share resources with co-workers, collaborating to ensure that the best possible early childhood care and education program is provided” (NAEYC, 2005. Code of Ethical Conduct). Sharing resources helps each of us to learn and grow. Journal articles, websites, books, magazines, chatting with a colleague are all excellent resources worth sharing. I think it is important to meet as a team of educators to discuss issues, concerns, and brainstorm ideas. It is only by working together that we can make a difference for children and families.
I like the insight about sharing resources with co-workers. I think when teachers communicate with each other, it brings teamwork,and dedication to the field of early childhood education. I have seen to many mistakes where teacher don't communicate and end of not getting along.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work,all most done.
I enjoyed your reading about the sharing of materials. On this week's discussion I had to ask classmate's about books and websites that I could utilize on the first day of school.Many times, vauable information and alot of insight can come from specking to another teacher.
ReplyDeleteI have learned so much from my colleagues. During one of my experiences as a classroom teacher I worked in a school where there was not alot of planning together or sharing of information. This only hurt the children. I was fortunate enough to later work at a school where planning and sharing of resources was expected of everyone. What a big difference this made in the environment and overall performance of the school!
ReplyDelete