Tuesday, 26 July 2011

More Resources

"The Philosophical Baby" by Alison Gopnik (www.alisongopnik.com)
I have yet to read this book but it came highly recommended.
In The Philosophical Baby, Alison Gopnik reveals the latest scientific discoveries--many of them quite surprising--about the developing minds of young children. She also presents a richly provocative and endlessly insightful story that unites the endearing other-worldliness of children's imaginations with some of the oldest and most profound questions in philosophy. This book is at once touching, eloquent, and masterful in its fascinating revelations about what makes us human.
- Frank J. Sulloway, former MacArthur Fellow and author of Born to Rebel: Birth Order, Family Dynamics, and Creative Lives

Another resource:  www.childcareexchange.com
Article: A Thinking Lens for Reflective Teaching by Deb Curtis and Margie Carter

One last resource:

 The Hundred Languages of Children by Loris Malaguzzi

http://www.reggiokids.com/about/hundred_languages.php

5 comments:

  1. I really liked the additional resources that you provided as a teacher. I always tell other visitors that come into my classroom, that as part of being a teacher you have to study childrens language. With that being said the 100 languages of children is a great resource to have. Being a child is fun and as you watch children to learn how they can use their imagination. I really enjoy your website, keep up the good work we are half way done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not familiar with any of the additional resources that you posted, although I got great joy from reading the 100 languages. Let me know how you like the book, The Philosophical Baby. I appreciate that you put a brief summary of the book. That provides good insight as to what it is about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Philosophical Baby is a book I will definitely look for to have for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Philosophical Baby seem like it contains great information, and I would have to read it myself. I like the additional resources that you posted, the 100 languages made me smile and I read it aloud to my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book definitely sounds interesting. Might be a good read on my Nook. :) And I LOVE the 100 languages, great resources!

    ReplyDelete