Part One:
I look forward to learning from my contacts. It is a bit of a waiting process--emailing and hoping they will return the email with a positive response. I am hoping to hear back from a friend in Australia, but she rarely checks her email. I remain hopeful as I would love to learn more about Australia having visited many many years ago! I look forward to hearing more about my contact's work, their concerns, and passions. I am fortunate to have the names of several people to contact (thanks to the help of a classmate!) I look forward to learning about issues and trends in other parts of the world in reading everyone's blog postings.
Part Two:
I have enjoyed reading articles from Zero To Three and decided I would love to explore their website. I have subscribed to their e-newsletters (love that it is free!). From what I have explored, the Zero To Three website (www.zerotothree.org) is full of wonderful resources for professionals and parents. I am very interested in brain development and discovered the "Baby Brain Map" link to explore the developing brain-very cool! I was very tempted to subscribe to their journal and may do so in the future when I am not feeling so student poor!
I hope that the contacts help you out. I also love reading more about the brain. I will pass along some great articles about the resiliency of a child's brain from my son's neurologists. They are very interesting. One thing that all of his specialists have agreed upon is that with the significance of his white matter loss (essentially holes) in his brain, he should not be walking or talking. However, despite developmental and physical delays, he is progressing on his own curve. Makes a momma proud of all my babies! Best wishes!
ReplyDeleteI really hope you hear from your friend, I would love to learn more about her work in Australia. I can not wait to read more of your posts!
ReplyDeleteIt is not always easy to establish contact I do hope they email back and supply you with information. I also enjoy the the brain map it is so wonderful to see how development and brain development and fuctioning are linked
ReplyDeleteI think we were on the same page by sending emails to contact people. I picked the organization because I heard of it and did not know much information.
ReplyDeleteI found the zero to three web site several months ago, and I use this frequently as a resource. I am a lead teacher for a group of 2 1/2 - young 3 year olds,so the resources offered are excellent for my children's parents. I was intrigued by the brain map also. That's what originally caught my attention.
ReplyDeleteI am looking forward in sharing and hearing more about your contacts. I have not heard from my contact but is certainly looking forward in the progression of this assignment. Keep up the great work
ReplyDelete