Saturday, 14 January 2012

EDUC 6164 Week 2-My Family Culture


EDUC 6164 Week 2-My Family Culture
It takes me so long to make decisions that having to choose three items would cause me a great deal of stress.  I can picture the scenario.  My family members would be waiting and complaining that I am taking too long.  The three items (of course, if I could sneak additional items I would)  I would take with me would be the following:
·         A family photograph.  I love pictures and the memories associated with the picture.  So a family photograph would help me to remember our times together.  Hopefully the picture would be taken in front of our house so that I can remember the place where we spent time together. 
·         A deck of cards.  Our family loves to play cards and spend time together.  Having a deck of cards would help to distract us from the gravity of the situation. 
·         Music.  As a family, we love music. I love music! Music brings people together and is a wonderful way to deal with the emotional upheaval of having to leave our home. 
Ideally it would be great to have the new " iPhone S" on which to store your photos, music, and favorite books, etc.   I mention it as I do not own one and thought this would be a great way to combine most of my items as one.     

If upon arrival I was told I could only keep one personal item, I would have to do the “eeny meeney miny moe” as I would be upset (and rightfully so given the circumstances).  I would ask why I had to give up two of my personal items and no doubt because of the emotional upheaval I would start to cry ( I am an emotional person).   I know I have many memories of my family and will always have those memories with me no matter where I go.  I know my family is important to me and would be thankful that they are with me in this situation.  Therefore, if I had to give up two of my items or all three, it would not matter as my family is with me.  In fact, I would choose my family over any of the items as they mean the most to me. 


2 comments:

  1. Tamara,
    I like your choices. I also chose a picture. The deck of cards to keep everyone busy was a great idea! What kind of music would you take? An instrument, a CD, ...?

    I like your idea of having an electronic device with all three. I wonder if there would be power where we are going?

    I am just the opposite when it comes to making decisions. I would choose quickly, and be waiting for everyone else. I would also be emotional if I had to leave something behind, but agree that the family is the most important.

    Mary L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamara,

    I enjoyed reading your post, it made me literally laugh out loud and left me with a smile. I have to say I relate to you in regards to the deck of cards! At EVERY family function of mine, you will find a card table with the entire male population and a few brave females heading up a game of spades, its a ritual I believe :-)

    I enjoyed your creativity in regards to the Iphone 4S, it is a neat little gadget that does indeed encompass many things all into one--like a one stop shop! I agree that in the end, the riches that we gain are worthless compared to the love of our families!

    ReplyDelete